This is going to knock your socks off. You can have it on burritos, as a side dish, or if you’re like me and obsessed.. just for lunch.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup lime juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup basmati rice (white)
2 cups water
1. Sautee rice in vegetable oil for 2 minutes. Add water, bring to a boil.
2. When water begins to boil, turn the heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
3. Turn heat off completely, leave lid on, let sit on burner for 30 minutes.
4. Mix together salt and lime juice, you want the salt to dissolve.
5. Pour salt/lime over rice, mix around. Add cilantro and toss.
Even cats love it!