Last night we had meatloaf for dinner with steamed vegetables (broccoli and carrots). It was a super dinner.
Meatloaf is pretty quick to make, the majority of the time is spent in the oven.
The recipe I used comes from here but I made some tweaks so see below.
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1.75-2 pounds ground beef
3 slices of whole wheat bread, break it up into pieces
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 beef bouillon cube, crumbled up
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and dry mustard in small bowl.
3. Combine ground beef, bread, onion powder, egg, beef bouillon, 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/3 cup of the ketchup mixture in a large bowl. Mix it up well.
4. Form your beef mixture into a loaf and stick it in a loaf pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour. After that, take out and pour the fat out.
6. Glaze the top of your loaf with the left over ketchup mixture. Bake for 10 minutes more.